Plan your escape from the city heat this Australia Day weekend.
Reflections of Port Douglas is centrally located in Macrossan Street, Port Douglas, 50 minutes scenic drive from Cairns Airport to Port Douglas and within walking distance to Crystalbrook Superyacht Marina, restaurants, shops and the famous Four Mile Beach is only 60 metres away. Stay in one of our beautifully appointed 2 bedroom 2 bathroom fully self contained apartments with rainforest views or a 3 bedroom 2 bathroom superior apartment with beautiful sea views. The choice is yours for a tropical holiday in paradise this coming Australia Day.
What could be more patriotic than enjoying the abundance of natures wonders in Port Douglas. We’ve even listed some Australia Day events to really get you in the spirit of the holiday.
- Family Picnic Day at Port Douglas Community Sports Complex — opens at 9.00am. Come dressed in your best Aussie clobber and win fantastic prizes, Helicopter drop, kids games and races, Bike race down the Bump track, BMX and Skate ramp competition, Broom throwing, Tug of War, Three legged races, Gumboot throwing, Damper and Lamington cooking competition and lots more. Kids races start at 9.30am, adults events at 1.30pm. Registration opens at 8.30am Entry fee $2. All proceeds go to local Douglas Community Charities.
- Family Basket Picnic in the Park, George Davis Park, Mossman – A whole itinerary of family fun starting at 11.30am to 3.30pm. Loads of games, three legged races, potato races, sack races, egg and spoon races, comedy ball games, coo-ee competition and the Inaugural Australia Day Land Race plus much much more. No booking required just turn up and have fun.
- Cow Bay Hotel, Cape Tribulation Road – BBQ, live music, All families welcome starts at 10am. Ph: 4098 9011.
- Paddys Bar, Port Douglas – Newly reopened! Wear your best Aussie gear and there’ll be prizes all day with live music from Darwin guitar legend Grant Turismo moving on to DJ in the evening.
- The Court House Hotel is hosting a full day of Australia Day fun and games from midday with 5 DJs keeping the groove going ’til late.
The Court House Pub, Port Douglas.
Australia Day drinks here.
Book your Australia Day holiday accommodation in Port Douglas before it’s too late.